- Latest News
- Event Calendar
- Newsletter Sign-up
- Northwest Economic Insight – Mar. 2014
- President’s Outlook: A Look Ahead
- By the Numbers: Economic Indicators for King County
- Member profile: M.A. Mortenson Company
- City of Shoreline: A Renaissance on Aurora Avenue
- Aerospace: Strengthening an Economic Engine
- Clean Tech: Hitting the Road to Innovation
- Interactive Media: Nurturing Entrepreneurs
- Life Sciences: Alliances That Grow Businesses
- Northwest Economic Insight – Dec. 2013
- Northwest Economic Insight – July 2013
- Northwest Economic Insight – Apr. 2013
- Northwest Economic Insight – Dec. 2012
- Raising the Bar of Success
- New Investor Profile: Knoll, Inc.
- Economic Indicators for King County – Q4 2012
- Port of Seattle’s Foreign Trade Zone(FTZ) Programs: Helping Businesses Save and Compete
- Of Planes and Boats: Workforce Challenges in Two Key Sectors
- Clean Tech News: The Rise of Remediation
- Life Science News: Continued Strength in Recruiting
- Northwest Economic Insight – Oct. 2012
- Northwest Economic Insight – May 2012
- Photo Gallery
New Investor Profile: Northeastern University–Seattle
|Tayloe Washburn, Dean of Northeastern University–Seattle, and new EDC Board member
Northeastern University–Seattle is a non-profit, private research university and a leader in worldwide experiential learning. The university brings to the Pacific Northwest a portfolio of high-demand graduate degrees that fill the region’s critical need for highly educated professionals in science, engineering and technology fields, business leadership and health-care innovation. The Northeastern network of business leaders, alumni and students extends to thousands of organizations in more than 150 countries.
Northeastern’s research focus, particularly in drug discovery, cybersecurity, global health and energy storage and conversion, offers broad prospects for partnerships with the Puget Sound region’s growth businesses and new ventures.
Northeastern University–Seattle’s programs fit students’ busy schedules. A hybrid approach to professional graduate education, with coursework both online and on-campus, offers students the best of both worlds: the flexibility and convenience of online education and the personal, faculty and peer interaction of classroom-based programs. Frequent start dates within each degree program offer students multiple opportunities to enroll and begin classes.
Northeastern University–Seattle joined the Economic Development Council of Seattle-King County because of the organization’s vast knowledge of the Pacific Northwest’s business landscape and culture. The university’s commitment to enhance our region’s ability to meet growing and changing educational and business needs is a great asset to dozens of local companies in the community. “We recognized very quickly that Northeastern is taking an innovative approach to what they do,” said Jeff Marcell, head of the Economic Development Council of Seattle and King County. “We have amazing companies in our community that are leading their industries. But the reality is we still don’t have enough talent. The battle is, how do you attract as much talent as possible and how do you grow that from within. Northeastern helps us do both.”
Campus Dean and CEO, Tayloe Washburn, previously served as board chair for Economic Development Council of Seattle-King County and recently rejoined the board this year. Washburn has long advocated for expanded educational opportunities in the Seattle area and is passionate about building partnerships between the public and private sectors. “Northeastern has a historical legacy of connecting students and businesses very successfully,” says Washburn. “By building a long-term partnership with the Seattle community, we’re working to evolve the way universities connect with the world beyond the constraints of campus walls, ultimately connecting students with the areas in greatest need for talent across the region.”